Our engine room performs the following services:
- Cylinder head reconditioning.
- Valve seat cutting with a Generation 2 Newan – all the valve seats are cut to the same height for an even result in air flow to and from the combustion chambers.
- Surface grinding cylinder heads and manifolds.
- Refacing valves to the correct angle to ensure a perfect seal against the seat.
- Cylinder boring for engines in bikes, cars (petrol & diesel).
- Cylinder liner replacement.
- Honing cylinder bores.
- Grinding flywheels, both single stage and stepped. Removing hot spots to make sure the clutch replacement job gets the best result.
- Pressure testing cylinder heads to check for cracks or corrosion holes. Cracks can appear in any area of a cylinder head, even under cam bearings or in pre-combustion chambers. The only way to be certain of a heads integrity is to pressure test it up to 90 psi.